About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role you'll work front and center in defining the best path forward for our company. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic direction for all brands. We are responsible for the definition and evolution of our overall real estate strategy for our global store fleet. We aim to maximize the omni-profitability of the enterprise through the identification of growth and optimization opportunities leveraging customer and omni data as well as market intelligence. Our team provides integral support for C suite leaders in defining the future of our brands.
This role is based out of the San Francisco office. Currently, job duties are being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Support the development of Gap Inc Real Estate Strategy through initiative identification, planning, and execution. Responsibilities include: identifying key issues, structuring problems, developing and delivering on workplans that drive value creation across Gap Inc brands; performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including analyzing data, creating financial models, and conducting market and competitive research; synthesizing findings, developing a storyline and the supporting materials to communicate recommendations to Senior Management and Leadership Team
- Develop near term and long term brand real estate strategies for growth and fleet rationalization
- Develop business cases for investment decisions with cross functional business partners in Real Estate, Store Development, Operations, Legal, Finance, and Strategy with analytical insights and problem solving
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus across all levels of the organization
- Influence strategy for area/team
Who You Are
- 3-5 years professional work experience, preferably with experience in apparel, retail, management consulting, corporate finance or strategy
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem solver and strategic thinker with the ability to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to translate complex ideas and dispersed information into simple, actionable recommendations
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, organize and analyze large / complex data sets efficiently and effectively
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and Excel
- BA required, MBA or CPA a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs