About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Assistant Designer, Toddler Girl Knits will support & work across all knit categories - knits, fleece, sweaters & swim.
What You'll Do
- Helps with flat sketches in Illustrator.
- Assists with basic specification of product.
- Assists with creating & updating BOMs.
- Attends fitting sessions with manager; make revisions to sketches and BOMs as needed.
- May assist in researching the local market.
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing samples, seasonal binders and color palettes.
Who You Are
- Basic computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design and create BOMs through new/advanced technology such as PLM.
- Basic product and fabric knowledge.
- Basic understanding of garment construction.
- Basic design and color sense.
- Ability to perform basic flat sketches in Illustrator.
- Basic organizational and communication skills.
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
- One year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs