About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
The Merchandise Assistant is a member of the Banana Republic Merchandising Team responsible for coordinating samples and managing data systems for our in-house cross functional partners catering to both our retail stores and online site. Strong organizational and communication skills as well as a proactive, self-starter mentality is key to ensure success in this role. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is highly valued.
What You'll Do
- You are an integral member of the cross functional team driving day to day operations to support product coordination and data management.
- You are working with product every day by owning management of current, past, and future assortment samples partnering with Merchandising, Visual, Styling, and Marketing teams.
- You help maintain accurate reports and data tools utilized by Merchandising, Production, and Inventory Management teams.
- Self-starters will thrive by prioritizing their own workloads to meet deadlines and identifying opportunities for efficiency and process improvement.
- You will participate in occasional competitive shopping to keep a pulse on market trends in stores and online.
Who You Are
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Proficient skills in Excel and Outlook with an aptitude for learning new programs.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
- Interested in cultivating your skills and experience to grow with our company.
- 2 year degree, 4 year degree preferred.
- Retail experience preferred.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs