About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will build and develop innovative internal and external content strategies to support the company’s long-range plan. You will collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate strategic communications. You will develop a deep understanding of the business and leverage your understanding of industry trends to shape stories that convey the company’s priorities, values, and market position.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the business to build a narrative that communicates our company’s business objectives, culture, and values to our employees, prospective employees, shareholders, and customers
- Design, edit, and oversee the distribution of internal and external communication materials, including program communications, presentations, FAQs and fact sheets, press materials, speeches, articles, and social content
- Provide guidance and support to executive management for internal and external meetings
- Evaluate fit with target audience to ensure comprehension Implement metrics to evaluate effectiveness of communication plan delivery
- Develop standards and guidelines for style and content
- Responsible for quality of services and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Responsible for end results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Who You Are
- Ability to drive cultural and/or change initiatives, and position a brand/company as a great place to work
- Creative, innovative, and curious; ability to move from concept to ideation to execution; strong bias for action
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and oversee multiple concurrent projects and workstreams with various business partners
- Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills, including speechwriting experience; proven track record of delivering exceptional written work
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs