About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that delight the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will work closely with your cross functional partners using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers. You will own the product-level P and L, drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth. You speak with candor and clearly and directly communicate expectations, feedback and results while listening to learn.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement merchandise assortments that meet global, digital and regional customer needs aligned to the overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings
- Collaborate with Design, Visual Merchandising and Production partners on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market while keeping a customer inclusivity and belonging lens
- Execute with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected
- Identify business opportunities and risks in season through analyzing and communicating sales performance gathering marketplace information
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus
- Influence strategy for area/team
Who You Are
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Driven for results with strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written ability; Adept at presenting information and storytelling
- Ability to align with, collaborate and influence cross functional partners and peers
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs