About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to successfully oversee and support the strategic initiatives that impact the Revenue, Payables, and Franchise accounting functions. In this role, you’ll the support the accounting and operational processes required to successful implement both systemic and strategic decisions. You will design, develop, train and communicate the required changes to the related teams to support changes to the business model. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to map out impacts and development plans, processes and policies to support the related Revenue, Payables and Franchise teams. This role is critical to the success of our teams so we’re looking for an individual who is self-motivated, comfortable with ambiguity, experienced with process improvements and has strong desktop and technical skills.
What you'll do
- Support company divestitures and related TSA support including forecasting, journal entries, subledgers and process hand offs between teams.
- Provide expertise and support for strategic changes in the following areas:
- Franchise expansion
- Oracle SaaS implementation
- Launch and transition of new loyalty programs including Barclays agreement and integrated loyalty.
- Single point of contact for all new brand strategic non-standard processes
- Provide accounting, and operational support to Revenue, Payables and Franchise teams. Support will include the following
- Design, develop, implement and train required process changes.
- Create and document accounting policies.
- This role will also provide both on going and as needed support to each team, which will include providing forecasts, posting journal entries, creating subledgers, completing reconciliations, and designing process improvements.
- Strategic Orientation
- Innovation Cultivator
- Drives Results
- Collaboration and Influencing
Who you are
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information that drive results and process improvements.
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions that identify trends and root causes.
- Accounting experience that includes month end close, journal entryeview, subledger creation, control design/oversight, policy design and external audit support.
- Advanced data management skills that include the following:
- Excel skillset includes the use of filters, Vlookups, Sum if, If/then, pivot tables, macros, concatenate, and statistical formulas and functions.
- PowerBI data presentation and use of slicers
- Access experiences includes query design, data management, data presentation, and use of the formula builder functions.
- Able to quickly build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs