About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Strong understanding of concepts and procedures within loss prevention. Develops a good understanding of loss prevention and how related functional areas interact to achieve results.
Responsible for ensuring all company directed shortage, health and safety programs are implemented and executed in assigned market(s) to include cross brands/channels, this role may oversee increased complexity or broader geography or both. Responsible for recruiting, training, developing and supervising Loss Prevention Managers and loss prevention personnel in assigned market(s). Developing the field organization in the area of loss prevention through training, communication and awareness programs in assigned market(s). Responsible for ensuring losses of company assets are prevented, investigated, and resolved in assigned market(s). Responsible for knowledge with all local government mandates and updates to local legislation in market(s).
What you'll do
Recruit, hire and train direct reports. Identify top talent for next level career opportunities.
Responsible for administering monthly conversations in support of development plans, skip-level quarterly check-ins and annual reviews for direct reports.
Ensure implementation and manage execution of Loss Prevention training, Shortage Reduction programs and compliance of all current company health and safety measures within assigned market(s).
Assess market(s)’ needs to ensure loss prevention, safety and protection resources are properly deployed.
Conducts high level investigations and interviews (below grade level 16) for inventory, cash loss, and breach of company policies and procedures.
Contributes to Gap Inc initiatives and projects as directed by supervisor.
Offer recommendations and solutions in crisis situations; such as Business Continuity Planning, HR/ER issues and active threats.
Who you are
• Excellent communication, verbal and written skills, time management, and ability to prioritize / multi task.
• Proficient in conducting investigations and integrity interviews; certification preferred.
• Basic knowledge of computer applications; ex: Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint.
• College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• 1 – 3 years of multi store retail loss prevention management experience preferred.
• Ability to travel to stores within assigned area, and maneuver around sales floors, stock room and offices.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs