About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a software engineer on the Engineer Enablement team at Gap, you'll be to creating frameworks, common libraries, and tools to make software development easier, faster, and more consistent. We want developers here to spend more time on business features and less on reinventing the wheel of common things each team has to figure out. More convention over configuration! Things like common libraries to make it consistent and easier to use things like Kafka, secrets management, or databases; libraries for emitting logs, metrics, and tracing in consistent and correct ways; or tools that make operating an application easier.
What you'll do
- Be an engineer on the team identifying enablement opportunities, creating solutions for them, and helping maintain and support their usage across the company
- Mentor, lead, and work alongside developers to build a pipeline for hardware and non-hardware experiments
- Develop common libraries, frameworks, and tools for other developers
- Help maintain what's built as inner source with peers on the team and a community of developers whole use and depend on it
- Be willing to educate and promote adoption of these enablement tools
Who you are
- You're an engineer who knows good software development practices and is interested in the latest new ways of doing development or technologies that help developers
- You'll enjoy being able to find opportunities to improve developer productivity and create the reusable solutions to make it better
- You're familiar with inner source practices for building a community of in-house devs around something they all use
- You know the value of writing good dev docs
- You take pride in what you build with your team and you're happy to educate others on what you've built and support it for the long run
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs