Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Seeking an Associate Designer for our Women’s Sleep and Foundations product. You have a deep understanding of and enthusiasm for the Gap brand, its target customer, product and aesthetic. You are able to translate trends into commercially successful women’s product.
What you'll do
- Will work with design leads to create product that is brand right, aspirational, and commercially viable
- Participates in seasonal research for emerging trends and competitor analysis
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends, as well as, business strategy
- Responsible for sketch callouts and communicating desired fit and aesthetic to tech design
- Involvement in fittings and responsible for maintaining sketch updates in PLM and specifications (i.e. trims, wash, etc.)
- Create tech packs in PLM following Product to Market Calendar to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis
- Participate in line edits to land final assortment
Who you are
- 2 – 4 years of Design experience
- Computer knowledge of PLM and Illustrator
- Solid hand sketching flat skills
- Solid understanding of design process
- Good design, trend and color sense
- Knowledge of wash processes and garment dye techniques
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs