For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
This position will be responsible for managing the brand’s Marketing budget – Athleta’s largest annual expense and will play a critical part in ensuring Gap Inc.’s fastest growing brand continues to successfully grow. This position will partner directly with the Finance and Marketing organizations (PR, Social Media, Partnerships, Community, Photography, and Digital Media) and will report to the Manager of Divisional, Marketing and Control.
What you'll do
- Establish strong relationships with business partners from the Finance, Marketing, and Marketing Effectiveness teams
- Provide a strong financial point of view to actively help identify key opportunities for expense tracking and management
- Develop monthly financial forecasts for Marketing expenses that accurately track and hindsight results
- Manage monthly/quarterly financial close process for Marketing expenses including preparing journal entries for key expense and balance sheet items
- Develop annual budgets for Marketing expenditures that are aligned with Athleta’s business strategies
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to inform and influence decision making
Who you are
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with and influence all levels of management
- Ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a simple, clear and concise manner
- Organized and detail oriented
- Team player with a positive attitude and a passion for Athleta’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, MBA a plus
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience or related equivalent
- Prior experience with a large high growth consumer company a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of accounting concepts such as accruals and prepaid expenses
- Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase/Hyperion is a plus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs