About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are home grown, and we therefore collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Mobile Apps, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We collaborate in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As a PdM II supporting customer-facing native mobile apps, you will collaborate with dependent product teams to ensure that the end to end implementation journey is thorough and thoughtful for a best-in-class customer experience across the Gap, Inc. portfolio of mobile shopping apps: Athleta, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Gap. You will also be the product owner in tactical product delivery execution, launching and enhancing features to evolve the core shopping experience and deepen relationships with customers for eCommerce mobile apps. You will write robust requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work closely with the engineering teams to deliver and test quality software.
The role requires a strong product mindset; combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for product managers that are passionate about ecommerce customer’s journey, while strive to understand the complexities of system integrations and operational impacts.
What you'll do
- Develops, prioritizes, and maintains backlog, user stories, and product delivery execution for multiple features across the mulit-brand experiences for mobile native apps for iOS and Android ; Articulates user needs, pain points, impact, synergy with brand strategies, and desired outcomes for features.
- Anticipates customer needs and desired outcomes and articulates impact; ensures strong analytical and quantitative understanding of services - opportunities, benefits achieved, customer pain points using analytics tools and dashboards.
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders; Articulates customer, brand, and mobile app channel product needs clearly and succinctly to different stakeholder audiences and cross functional partners
- Identifies dependencies with other strategic initiatives; Influences other product managers to incorporate dependent features into roadmap.
Who you are
- 3-6 years’ work experience required, with experience in Retail or Customer-related industries preferred
- Customer obsessed and have experience leveraging analytics tools (Adobe, Google, etc.) to define customer pain points and impact.
- Experience on projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations strongly desired, and experience developing and working with matrix organizations desired.
- Experience supporting release of mobile app features and/or functionality. Ability to articulate basic familiarity with features which leverage one or more native mobile device capabilities, e.g. camera, voice, enhanced authentication, location services, contacts, touch, near field communication (NFC), push notifications, mobile wallet, etc., highly desired.
- Ability to articulate basic knowledge of the mobile app ecosystem, e.g. 3rd party mobile app stores, mobile application vendor SDK integrations, APIs, devices, platforms, operating systems, networks, wireless carriers, security, mobile payments, etc.
- Demonstrated mobile app product development experience for mobile devices, leveraging native device capabilities to create innovative new mobile-unique feature opportunities to address customer needs and deliver business value.
- Strong strategic thinking with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail, including experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather and interpret data.
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills such as in economics, business, mathematics, engineering preferred.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs