About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Reshaping the future of People and Culture at Gap Inc. calls for improving our ability to ensure all talent processes drive culture, performance, and engagement no matter where you work. The newly created People and Culture Transformation Leader will drive a multi-year HR transformation roadmap, engaging the entirety of the HR function to evolve our operating model and the value we deliver to the business. In this role, you will drive change and scale in the most effective way possible, deploying project management and agile methodologies. You will ensure successful collaboration across People and Culture to transform our processes and will assist to organize, create, communicate, and facilitate activities that allow the company to achieve its transformation goals while following the strategic direction across People and Culture.
What you'll do
- HR Transformation: you will help sequence the daily management of high priority transformation change efforts and will help drive improved processes, enhanced systems, and realign the People and Culture organization to realize operational opportunities. The ideal candidate will be able to build a transformation strategy that leverages the content and processes of existing systems to create a new operating environment that is efficient and user friendly.
- Project Management: Partner with all leaders to align with the business strategy including identifying/defining issues and targeted goals and timeline, creating strategies and tactical blueprints that help set the roadmap and developing and crystallizing goals and deliverables with partners, ensuring highest potential for value delivery
- Technical Strategy: Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, HR ecosystem, and broader marketplace; connect to how we drive People and Culture Strategy at Gap Inc.
- Change Ambassador: The role is about transforming how the company connects, records and makes decisions around talent practices and processes, including talent management and development, compensation & benefits, HRIS, and HR operational and administrative requirements.
- Execute for results: You will set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Influence: Regularly influence leadership team decisions. Ability to inspire trust and followership in others through pragmatism, business acumen, ability to communicate clear rationale and active drive.
Who you are
- Significant consulting and Human Resources experience
- Participated in one or more HR transformations, focused on process improvement using leading edge technologies
- Experience with HR operating models and supporting organization structures, and process best practices
- Experience in continuous improvement programs, root cause analysis, and project management
- Collaborate and Influence: This position requires effective collaboration with the Technology function, HR Centers of Excellence, HR Business Partners, and HR Operations to shift mindsets and embrace innovation.
- Ability to create and articulate an inspiring strategy for the HR organization of the future
- Passion and curiosity for the business; drive to understand the competitive landscape; strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs