About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Director of Marketing Integration is responsible for driving strategic campaign and comms planning for the brand. Leading a team of junior to mid-level strategists, the Director will work with marketing vehicle leaders, in-house creative, and external agencies to inspire teams to create bold, industry leading work while ensuring a cohesive narrative across all channels, and providing clear comms plans that outline desired customer actions at every stage of the funnel. Creating campaign narratives with clear articulation of the role of comms and the task to be achieved at each phase of a given campaign, is critical to the success of the brand and central to this role and function. We are looking for a customer obsessed, dynamic brand strategist with robust comms planning, creative strategy, campaign development, and positioning experience to build and lead this team.
What you'll do
- Marketing Integration
- Lead creative brief development -clearly articulate a problem, consumer insight and creative strategy that inspires bold, best-in-class creative
- Create seasonal territories and propositions rooted in clear insights for key campaign briefs
- Lead cross-functional teams and drive alignment between key stakeholders including Marketing Leadership Team and C-level Executives
- Develop hindsight, key learnings and recommendations that enhance the work and lead to better business results than last year
- Strategic Planning
- Contribute to long-range brand planning (1 to 3 years) initiatives to build brand equity
- Work cross-functionally to position new products, categories, or experiences from inception to launch
- Partner with Customer Belonging to continually champion access, representation and inclusion throughout all marketing initiatives including casting and creative
- Collaborate closely with Customer Insights to develop research objectives, key learnings, and action plans
- Comms Planning
- Drive clarity on roles of channel and how each can be utilized inherently to tell a cohesive narrative
- Lead development of campaign narratives – clear articulation of the role of comms and the task to be achieved at each phase of a given campaign; what are we communicating and what action do we want the customer to do at each stage of the funnel?
- Encourage experimentation and quick response to current events to drive cultural relevancy and brand engagement
- Ensure brand and values campaign strategies come to life across all channels/vehicles
Who you are
- 7+ years as Brand Strategist a.k.a. Creative Strategist with Experience in Brand Architecture, Positioning, Campaign Development and Comms Planning
- Able to drive alignment between key stake holders including Marketing Leadership Team and C-level executives
- Able to inspire creative team and agency partners to create bold, industry leading work
- Experience in Market Research Design including Quantitative and Qualitative, Creative Ad Testing, Brand Equity Tracker, Creative Ad Testing and Campaign Measurement/
- Ad Effectiveness
- Experience Design Thinking and Customer Journey mapping
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs