About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will connect business outcomes to capability development and deployment in order to drive a high-performance workforce. By providing talent development expertise, you will unleash leadership and functional potential to enable our talent strategies and practices.
We are seeking a detail oriented Associate Manager, L&D to manage the program operations of our new, entry-level GapTech entry-level rotational program for top early talent joining our Software Engineering organization. In this individual contributor role, you will lead and manage operation logistics & execution, ensuring an excellent and engaging experience for program trainees.
What you'll do
- Build strategic partnerships across HR Business Partners and GapTech business partners to develop and execute high-impact talent strategies
- Consult and advise Learning & Development leaders on optimal program/project operations and logistics to achieve desired program/project outcomes
- Responsible for quality of services and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Manage logistics including calendaring events and classes, live and virtual setups, catering, ordering and prepping program materials for a seamless employee experience
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries/questions from candidates, participants and other key stakeholders
- Support budget process by planning and tracking expenses
Who you are
- Create and execute with audacity while paying strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with diagnostic skills in listening, probing and analyzing to translate business demands into development solutions
- Experience with managing process, can see opportunities for synergy, integration and process improvement and share learnings for future use/impact.
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs