About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Associate Marketing Manager for Banana Republic International is responsible for customer facing online marketing initiatives for the Japan and EUUK markets. This includes the development and flawless implementation of seasonal site, email, and promotional strategies. You’ll collaborate and strategize with cross-functional partners such as Web Production, Finance, Merchants and Inventory Management to drive customer engagement and key business metrics. Leveraging data to evolve content and copy is critical therefore strong analytical thinking is highly valued. Strong problem solving, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit are also key to ensure success in this role, which will report into the Senior Marketing Manager, Banana Republic Online International.
What you'll do
Align, develop and execute all customer facing online campaigns including site (PC & mobile) and email ensuring a cohesive omnichannel story with a particular focus on the Japan market
Partner with cross functional counterparts including internal web production, inventory management, central digital resources, site merchants and external email vendor(s) to ensure all campaigns are prepared and deployed accurately and on time
Align and update the marketing commercial plan and help manage campaign change process with key business partners
Support strategic partnerships and localized content to increase brand awareness and create synergies across online marketing vehicles
Compile and share weekly business analysis and hindsight reporting
Own the day-to-day management of all email campaign execution from end to end including calendar planning/message scheduling and maintenance, creative review, QA through to campaign reporting and analysis.
Actively brainstorm new ideas to increase online & cross channel customer traffic, engagement, and conversion
Support senior manager in identifying and executing key testing opportunities to optimize the email program – our objective is to continuously test/learn and iterate on learnings to keep optimizing the program.
Participate in weekly cross-functional calendar review, creative reviews & email vendor meetings
Who you are
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience, 2+ in email preferred
- Background in online retail/fashion industry preferred
- Detail-oriented with track record of flawless execution
- Experience with the Asia region, particularly Japan is a plus but not required
- Japanese language proficiency is preferred but not required
- Strong Excel Skills, experience in Adobe Analytics and/or Power BI a plus
- Positive attitude and ability to manage change, thrive in a fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills – timely follow-up and ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics clearly across teams
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs