About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will connect business outcomes to capability development and deployment in order to drive a high-performance workforce. By providing talent development expertise, you will unleash leadership and functional potential to enable our talent strategies and practices.
We are seeking a creative thinker to partner in the development of our new GapTech Rotational. You’ll design and deliver an innovative entry-level rotational program for top early talent joining our Software Engineering organization. You’ll promote theoretical, technical, and professional skills needed to help program trainees adapt to the rigors of the program as well as prepare them to successfully graduate as full-stack engineers and place into permanent roles within GapTech. On a daily basis, you’ll partner internally with the GapTech leadership team, subject matter experts (SMEs), and the GapTech Youniversity team and externally with Gap Inc suppliers and training providers. In driving this work, you will manage a small team of direct reports and partner with other members of the Early Talent L&D and Recruiting Team to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
What you'll do
- Build strategic partnerships across People & Culture and GapTech to develop and execute high-impact talent strategies
- Provide talent development expertise when assessing capabilities to achieve specific business outcomes
- Manage project and program implementation creating a seamless, transparent employee experience
- Provide delivery perspective (SME, delivery vehicle, piloting) to program/curriculum owners during conception, design and development of curriculum
- Facilitate learning content via multiple vehicles, such as instructor led training (ILT), leader-led learning, web based
- Analyze and share insights of program’s effectiveness and pivot strategies as needed to support the organization & trainees
- Talent Builder: Coach & develop direct reports in addition to program trainees and GapTech manager teams
Who you are
- Experience in Learning & Development or Talent Development for a Technology Organization or Company
- Continuous learner and possess an organizational savviness to build relationships across the company, understand the business needs and deliver results Create with audacity, using your technical experience in adult learning theory and/or instructional design and leadership and functional development
- Solid facilitation and coaching acumen, with strong diagnostic skills in listening, probing and analyzing to translate business demands into development solutions
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and knowledge with e- learning tools such as Articulate is a plus
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs