About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments, and our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
We are looking for a dynamic product leader who will guide the strategy and development for the eCommerce Product Information Management, Digital Asset Management, and related systems that serve our internal teams and provide foundational capabilities for our customer experiences.
In digital commerce, at Gap you’ll experience and drive scale, impact and innovation. With one of the top-20 global eCommerce sites we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties – that helps drive a strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy.
The Digital Product Management team at Gap Inc. is responsible for creating a best-in-class digital brand experience for our portfolio of specialty apparel brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, and Banana Republic Factory. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
We’re looking for a leader to drive the vision and execution of our critical product catalog and digital asset management applications – a core part of the foundation for one of the world’s largest eCommerce sites. You should be an accomplished product leader, experienced in making guiding product development, finding clarity amid competing priorities, with a sustained focus on business value, and what’s right for our internal users and customers.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of product managers, external agencies, and vendor partners to deliver capable and flexible solutions for Product Information Management (PIM), Data Augmentation and Distribution, Digital Asset Management (DAM), and Photo/Marketing Operations
- Champion our PIM and DAM capabilities internally, helping advance the vision for this space, drive innovation, gather user feedback, and evolve our capabilities over time
- Continuously identify opportunities, analyze business benefit, evaluate ROI and prioritize and negotiate initiatives to develop a roadmap that delivers on our shared vision and strategy
- Build, manage, and develop a strong team of product managers that will help achieve the buy path vision for Gap Inc.
- Manage multiple, concurrent initiatives in various phases of ideation, execution, and delivery
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization including general managers, engineers, operations, merchants, analysts and program managers
Who you are
- 10+ years of progressively relevant experience, 3-5 years of digital/eCommerce experience, 3-5 years of people management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus
- Hands-on experience delivering eCommerce operational capabilities at scale
- Data-driven mindset and track record of managing both custom-built and 3rd party software implementations
- Strong communication and partnering skills – experience communicating product strategies and tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Excellent analytical and commercial experience – a track record of driving business value via effective product stewardship, understanding business impacts and making data-driven decisions
- Experience building and growing strong teams – strategic hiring, coaching and development of entry-level through senior product managers
- Be versatile: able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.