About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Senior Producer, Photo & Video is responsible for managing all aspects of a photoshoot/video shoot from beginning to end. This role is involved from the creative brief all the way to the distribution of assets to the teams.
The Senior Producer, Photo & Video will work closely with the Director of Global Marketing Production & Studio on all projects to successfully carry out the brand vision. With a proven eye for imagery, this role requires an extensive knowledge of fashion and photography, and needs to have an in-depth knowledge of the production process.
The Senior Producer, Photo & Video must be action oriented (understanding what it takes to get the right image), strategic (able to assess business needs and anticipate how to successfully support them) and be highly organized (managing all aspects of the production process). This role will consistently meet tight deadlines in a constantly changing retail environment. The right candidate has excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail. This role is an individual contributor that needs to be solution-oriented and have strong problem-solving skills. This role has to be able to work well under deadline pressure, and must be highly organized with proficiency to handle multiple projects at once.
What you'll do
- Key business partner and production lead for brand photo shoots and their asset generation.
- Gather asset requests and ensure cross-functional partners’ seasonal needs are clear and accounted for prior to all shoots for both domestic and international markets.
- Partner with visual and sample teams to ensure correct product is at the shoot for all looks.
- Lead with appropriate teams to create shot lists.
- Work with Post Production team to assure all metadata, image codes and photo specs are communicated to Digital Techs.
- Oversee monthly production schedules and needs for team alignment.
- Lead monthly special laydown, and marketing shoots for social and in-house photography for the brand.
- Book freelance photo producers as needed.
- Book all talent including, but not limited to, photographers, models, video crew, stylists, artists, set designers, location production team, amongst others.
- Responsible for either overseeing or actual booking of locations, food services, permits, etc. for all shoots.
- Create and distribute call sheets.
- Provide usage requirements and legal contracts between outside vendors and the brands.
- Own relationship with outside vendors for all photoshoots and videos, providing them schedules, resourcing and hiring of editors.
- Manage all on-set production as needed. This includes: organizing flow of shoot, ensuring accuracy with samples/outfits, communicating specifics of each shot to internal creative lead, photographer, assessing and securing backgrounds/set designs, and managing freelance support.
- Work with Creative Leads for selects delivery to Post Production team, according to the schedule.
- Provide final video outputs on time and on budget to Project Management and cross-functional partners.
- Coordinate digital production teams and equipment for large scale video productions.
- Owns video edit management and final deliverables.
- Manages yearly photo shoot budget, reconciliation of expenses for each shoot, issue corresponding PO’s and its review on a monthly basis with Director of Global Marketing Production & Studio.
- Summarize quarterly financial and forecast opportunities for cost efficiencies without compromising creative direction.
- On time and complete delivery of schedule and estimates for each shoot.
- Lead providing to Creative Leads opportunities with model agencies, photographers and external photo/ video production directors.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Photography, Art, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience photography production experience in a photo studio environment, preferably within the apparel retail industry.
- 10+ years of experience in model/talent sourcing and booking and production relating to photo shoots (location searches, permits, location vehicles, catering etc.)
- At least 5+ years of experience in retail photography production.
- Vendor, contract and usage rights management together with negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Airtable and Wrike preferred but not required.
- Drive to bring creative solutions to the table, even if it requires research.
- Ability to juggle multiple job responsibilities and deadlines expeditiously.
- Always learning and keeping up with trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills for fostering and maintaining business relationships
- Detail-orientated problem solver
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs