Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
As the manager of Global Company Planning you are the main coordinator of the monthly, quarterly and annual planning processes for sales, margin and inventory for the Gap brand. You will work cross-functionally with regional Company Planning teams, Inventory Management, FP&A teams (both within Brand and Corporate), and Gap Brand Finance Leadership to provide global reporting and analysis critical to supporting brand profitability. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly analytical individual with strong attention to detail who can process large data sets into digestible, executive-level analysis to drive global business performance.
What you'll do
- In conjunction with Company Planning Leadership, lead monthly, quarterly and annual planning processes including Monthly Forecast, Inventory Line of Credit, Budget, and Long-Range Planning
- Provide accurate Daily and Weekly Global reporting to Gap Leadership
- Coordinate and own reporting for executive-level presentations such as Board of Directors communications, Quarterly Business Reviews, Executive monthly forecast review and hindsight recaps
- Manage key deliverables between Gap Brand Company Planning and FP&A teams (both within Brand and Corporate)
- Provide oversight for regional Company Planning weekly and monthly deliverables, provide clear communication of variance drivers to leadership team
- Collaborate with variety of partners (ex. Global Finance, logistics, corporate) to consolidate inputs, and gain alignment on Gap Brand’s Retail, GM and inventory forecast
- Take initiative and provide insight into business trends to help drive and shape go-forward planning strategy to grow revenue and improve inventory efficiency
- Develop a team that will own and evolve current processes through automation and streamlining to drive more efficiency across the entire Company Planning team
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of related business experience
- Previous management experience is a plus
- Experience with finance and/or retail planning and forecasting preferred
- Proven experience in consistently delivering highly accurate reporting and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail while maintaining an eye for the bigger picture
- Strength in distilling complex matters into clear and concise explanations for leadership
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and developing structure to cross functional teams to achieve deadlines
- Excellent business reasoning skills as well written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude - must be flexible, sharing team responsibilities, and work well with cross-functional partners
- Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Essbase
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs