About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In digital commerce at Gap, you’ll drive scale, impact, and innovation. With one of the top 20 global e-commerce sites, we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties – that helps drive strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy.
The Senior Director of Product Management – Ecommerce will be integral to defining and executing on a product vision that takes our digital business to the next level. This role will manage product strategy and execution for initiatives central to our online shopping experience and platform capabilities.
The right person will have a track record in driving impactful, creative digital experiences, developing a growth-oriented product vision and plan for execution, and communicating that vision and plan effectively.
This position reports to the Head of Customer Experience Product Management.
What you'll do
- Build and effectively communicate a complex product strategy with input from cross-functional partners
- Drive the development of strong and innovative eCommerce experiences, balancing business impact, customer experience, quality, and innovation
- Define and deliver an impactful digital product roadmap – measured in both quantitative (e.g. incremental revenue) and qualitative (e.g. customer satisfaction) measures
- Navigate and negotiate within a complex multi-brand environment, developing strong partnerships across brand, central, and technical functions
- Foster a data-driven culture within the Product Management community, using experimentation and insight to guide our teams
- Ensure strong measurement and quantitative understanding of customer experience (instrumentation) - opportunities, benefits achieved, customer pain points
- Develop and drive adoption of best practices and behaviors across a scaled product management team; actively contribute to product management leadership forums
- Manage a significant capital portfolio, balancing growth-driving initiatives with a sustained foundational platform investment
- Manage senior stakeholder alignment, including strategy communication and expectations management, with a responsive and articulate communication style
- Champion our values of equality and belonging in a high-performing environment that is inclusive by design
- Build and grow a team of strong, passionate product managers, including several director-level product leaders
- Create and sustain a customer-obsessed culture
Who you are
- Extensive Product Management leadership experience – 5 or more years in senior roles defining and executing impactful product strategies
- Proven track record developing and executing complex product strategy at scale
- Excellent analytical and commercial experience with a track record of driving business value through effective product stewardship and data-driven decision-making
- Impeccable customer experience instincts with a thirst for customer insights and the mental agility to question previous assumptions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills – experience communicating product strategies and tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Experience building and adapting product teams in a dynamic environment – strong hiring, coaching and development of entry-level through senior product managers
- Direct experience creating an inclusive team culture, supporting honest and respectful dialogue in a performance-oriented environment
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs