For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Associate Creative Director is primarily responsible for the strategic execution of omnichannel brand visual creative across marketing programs and channels. This position will support the omnichannel brand visual strategy for seasonal campaigns and new programs, oversee/execute art direction and design of visual creative, inspire/mentor/coach designers and art directors, concept for seasonal campaigns and new marketing programs and work collaboratively across cross-functional teams in creating wholistic brand experiences. The ACD will lead art directors and digital/print designers and will report into Creative Director, Brand Visual in leading and creating omnichannel brand visuals for marketing programs and seasonal campaigns.
What you'll do
- Develop and facilitate, in partnership with Creative Director, strategic omnichannel brand marketing campaign concepts that meet business objectives
- Influence positioning and visual creative strategies for seasonal campaigns and marketing programs
- Accomplish multiple creative projects simultaneously across all vehicles (digital, retail, print), through the management and motivation of direct reports and collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Effectively manage creative workflow, while monitoring team bandwidth, inspiring teamwork and ensuring resources are allocated according to project needs
- Oversee and execute the creative process across the team, collaborating to build concept boards, photo briefs and design assets across multiple channels
- Lead art direction and photoshoots, ensuring Brand visual strategy is compelling and consistent
- Present creative in various settings, partnering with key business partners to garner feedback and cultivate consensus
- Collaborate with strategic agency partners to execute omnichannel campaign concepts against the Brand visual strategy
Who you are
- 8+ years of design, art direction and/or creative direction experience, including people management
- BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or Communication Design
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe CS, InVision, MS, MIRO
- Experience concepting, designing and art directing campaigns across marketing channels (including retail and digital)
- Passion for wellbeing/fashion/lifestyle retail and understanding of current industry related trends
- Goal oriented, with demonstrated success in managing through ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and strategic-thinking skills
- Well versed in short-term and long-range planning and execution of a portfolio of projects
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, managing, developing and motivating teams of talented and diverse professionals
- Established skillset in relationship-building, presentation and communication (written and verbal); Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with a variety of people in various disciplines
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs