About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Associate Graphic Designer is part of the Old Navy Global Marketing Team. Imagine that the world runs right, and there’s a place that offers clothing for the whole family, at prices that won’t break the bank. Imagine a place that takes fun seriously, where everyone belongs — you, he, she, they, us. Well guest what? That place exists, and it’s Old Navy.
If you believe in fashion for the people and the power of fun, come join this thing.
What you'll do
- Help design and curate the brand’s social media channels on a day-to-day basis in accordance with the overall seasonal story-telling and commercial planning
- Work with Designer on implementing the creative direction and plan workflow
- Collaborate daily with Designers, Copy Writers, and Production Artists
- File preparation, production, and delivery. Includes (but not limited to) updates to daily social content cadence, working with copy team, helping create Instagram stories, light retouching, video editing and graphics animation.
Who you are
- You’re an excellent designer with an eye for our brand identity. You can draw imaginatively from multiple sources of creative, and effectively design, create, animate & edit.
- You never underestimate the importance of details. We move fast, proactively & reactively, in an already fast-moving vehicle, so making sure everything you create is ticked & tied is a must.
- You’re great at working independently as well as collaboratively – you’ll be a central part of a social team that includes brand managers, community managers, stylists & art directors, as well as our senior social editor, editorial director & senior director of brand voice.
- You are a culture sponge, passionate about content creation & experimentation, and are obsessed with what’s happening in the different spaces we occupy– social, retail, fashion, culture.
- BA in Graphic Design, Film and Video, or related area
- Minimum 1-3 years working in an Advertising agency, Design Studio or Fashion retail environment
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs