About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc is a $16B leading global company that consists of a portfolio of purpose-led, billion-dollar lifestyle brands – Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, and Athleta. The online business comprises 40% of sales today and the company aspires to achieve 50% of its sales from online by the end of 2023.
Looking forward, the company has committed to supporting our rapidly growing online business through continued investment in digital capabilities. As part of the company’s strategy, there is a focus on creating a personalized experience at scale through enhanced capabilities in product and marketing content, loyalty, & fulfillment.
The Digital Performance & Growth (DPG) team plays a prominent role to support our personalization technology and execution efforts. We are a cross-functional central team that, in partnership with brand teams, champion personalization technologies to ideate, incubate, and rapidly experiment on omnichannel customer experiences which provide business insight and impact.
We are seeking a Vendor Manager to manage our vendor relationships covering vendor strategy & roadmap, contracting, performance reporting, issue management, and training. Additionally, this role requires the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
What you'll do
- Vendor management strategy and roadmap including prioritization and business case development
- Proactive in driving future vendor enhancements and define requirements to meet business needs. Ability to develop a strong understanding of our suite of technologies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our business partners (e.g. PdM, Brands, DPG)
- Manage the set of vendor contracts in partnership with PdM and Strategic Sourcing. Responsibilities include being able to secure funding for SOWs and contracts.
- Develop and monitor daily, weekly, and monthly vendor performance and KPI ‘health’ dashboards. Take any necessary corrective actions.
- Act as a liaison between vendors and our business partners (e.g., PdM, Brands, Sourcing) - roadmap, issue resolution, contracts, invoicing, training, etc.
- Responsible for vendor onboarding activities and ensure smooth integration within Gap ecosystem
- Ensure production support is in place and manage all vendor escalations to drive to problem resolution
- Support the implementation of sourcing strategies to achieve both one-time and annual reductions in spending, and proactively prevent overage charges.
- Manage the efficient use of vendor technical and consulting hours between DPG and business partners.
- Facilitate and coordinate any necessary business user training for new vendors and its product suite
- Identify and develop operational processes in support of vendor product feature launches
- Subject Matter Expert in Personalization
Who you are
- A bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years experience in retail e-commerce
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with vendors and internal business partners
- Experience in establishing, measuring, and meeting SLAs, improving the availability, performance, and quality of vendor solutions.
- Self-motivated, well organized with good follow up skills
- Strong sense of accountability/dependability
- Strong analytical and critical thinking focus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated skill and experience in modern commerce technology stack especially as it pertains to testing and eCommerce personalization vendor tools (e.g. Certona, RichRelevance, Redpoint, etc)
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs