About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will have significant influence in the program strategy, policy and process development of the Gap Inc. retirement programs, including the 401(k) and Deferred Compensation plans. The Sr. Manager acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for the retirement programs, as well as systems and processes related to the compliant administration of our plans. This position is responsible for management of the retirement programs, financial planning benefits and execution of financial wellness strategy. You will manage vendor partnerships, lead enterprise-wide projects and work closely with internal and external business partners to align and execute initiatives and ongoing program administration.
What you'll do
- Influence strategy, set policy and develop processes for the Gap Inc. Retirement Plans, as well as financial planning and financial wellness programs
- Handle day-to-day management of retirement programs and financial planning benefits and execute on financial wellness strategy
- Engage with and manage external administration vendors, outside counsel and other program providers
- Own all compliance activities including annual testing and audits, government filings, plan governance and plan documentation
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for retirement programs and financial planning benefits, as well as systems and processes related to plan administration
- Develops and executes project plans for systems configuration, change management and communications
- Partner with leaders and team members to ensure retirement program design, communication and stakeholder engagement are well-aligned
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of retirement program management experience, including qualified plans and financial wellness
- You have experience managing and executing complex projects with cross-functional internal partners and outside vendors
- You are extremely detail-oriented and able to ensure that processes are efficient as possible and legally compliant
- You are a strong communicator and influencer who is able to articulate complex topics both verbally and in writing to various audiences at all levels
- You are able to work independently and effectively, drive for results, identify obstacles and propose solutions
- You have very strong Excel skills and are proficient in MS Office and HRMS systems (PeopleSoft/Workday)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs