About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Ensures the integrity of inventory activity through shipment exception auditing and analysis. Researches and responds to freight claim disputes from third party logistics providers and accurately documents financial claims in the system. Monitors brand mailboxes and Service Now ticket queue and provides timely resolution to field inquiries. Actively pursues process efficiency opportunities and collaborates with peers to achieve high levels of performance across the team.
What you'll do
- Research and resolve DC to Store and Store to Store shipment exceptions
- Manage freight claim inquiries and research and resolve a high volume of issues per day
- Perform and validate store inventory adjustments
- Ensure accurate systemic on hand for inventory counts through thorough pre- and post-count audits
- Perform to standards set forth in service level agreements while maintaining all audit and control requirements
- Develop partnerships and work closely with Transportation, Loss Prevention, Field Leaders, and Gap Tech to ensure the integrity of our inventory systems
Who you are
- Experience collaborating in a business setting
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solvings skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and flex to changing business needs
- Operate with a growth mindset, demonstrate strong process improvement skills with the ability to achieve team buy-in
- Basic accounting/finance knowledge
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel (i.e., data manipulation through vlookup, pivot tables, subtotal, and text to column functions)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs