About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Support financial decisions of L&P (Loyalty & Payments) Division by influencing and informing leaders and cross-functional partners. This includes traditional budget, forecast and close responsibilities, as well as providing strategic and analytical support for various marketing initiatives and proactively identifying opportunities along with recommendations to drive the credit card and gift card businesses. This role will report to the Manager of L&P Finance.
What you'll do
- Act as finance resource for the L&P team.
- Coordinate monthly forecast and annual budget submissions, framing up risks and opportunities and presenting them to senior management.
- Perform month end close functions and ensure processes are in compliance with Gap Inc accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Brand, CST, and Corporate Finance teams, Corporate Shared Service Center, and L&P business partners.
- Contribute to ad hoc decision support needs and strategic financial discussions as required by the Director of Finance, VP of Finance, and SVP of L&P.
- Provide decision support by comparing performance of marketing events over time to synthesize themes and best practices to inform the L&P Team, and Brand Marketing/Finance teams in future action planning.
- Coordinate with Marketing and other business partners to ensure Brand performance metrics reflect the potential impact of all planned marketing events/activities.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred; CPA a plus.
- 1-3 years of financial and business analysis preferred (minimum 1 year). Forecast and budgeting experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to formulate business strategy and proactively drive results.
- Able to transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and communicate them in a compelling way.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can confidently articulate a point of view, but also explain the risks and opportunities to that P.O.V. Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt work style/processes in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships on a cross-functional team and influence others through financial analysis with proven ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability and desire to learn company systems and tools. Essbase experience a plus.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs