About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Ensures the accurate and timely reconciliation of cash for all of North America store depository/corporate bank accounts. Also performs additional banking responsibilities and assist Cash Senior Analyst with special projects. Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures. Reconciles daily store bank accounts.
What you'll do
- Manage the store bank deposits reconciliation’s between the POS data and the bank data, research over/shorts, counterfeits, identify issues and provide support for Loss Prevention Managers.
- Perform weekly and month-end tasks, preparation of journal entries and various ad-hoc reporting and support special projects
- Achieve objectives when faced with obstacles and continually search for methods to increase customer satisfaction.
- Deliver excellent service to all customers internal and external, while maintaining integrity and demonstrate respect. Possess ownership for the achievement of our commitments, including collaboration with partners and innovation for the future.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication among internal and external business partners, store management personnel and Loss Prevention.
- Learn how to support cross functionally.
Who you are
- Have an understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Be highly organized with focus and attention to detail.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to learn and manage multiple tasks concurrently and work effectively under critical deadlines.
- Be able to act cooperatively within a team environment.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with upper levels of management.
- Be able to work with data, to see patterns, trends and things of note and to draw meaningful conclusions for them.
- Intermediate in Excel (use of functions and creating pivot tables) and Access (able to run queries in existing database).
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs