About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Play a key role on the Facilities Finance team to support financial processes such as forecast, close, and budget, which will include reporting, reconciliation, and updating the financial database. Additionally, this role will manage the Facilities capital budget, which includes monthly reconciliation of both capital and expense projects across all North America campuses.
What you'll do
- Perform monthly forecast responsibilities including pulling reporting, variance analysis, and uploading into financial database for all Facilities departments
- Ensure monthly close is completed accurately, accruals are recorded correctly and timely, and journal entries are booked properly
- Responsible for tracking corporate office building projects which include monthly project summary tracking, project initiation, gathering budget requests, capital forecasting/tracking, and providing quarterly/monthly cost reporting to Facilities
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and decision support as needed
- Utilize and leverage various financial and department-specific databases and systems for analysis
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships across finance, cross functional teams, and vendors
- Proactively explore and implement ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of existing processes
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of financial analysis, public accounting or related business experience
- Proficiencies Oracle, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI skills; experience with Hyperion Essbase a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and willingness to learn and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs