For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
As the Manager of Brand Marketing, you will be a pivotal member of Athleta’s Brand Marketing team with the goal of driving brand awareness and creating meaningful connections with customers to drive brand loyalty and affinity. Reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing, the Manager will help to spearhead seasonal marketing strategies aimed to drive strong business results. This role is responsible for helping to lead planning and implementation of omni-channel marketing plans ensuring that both brand and product campaigns are powerfully brought to life across all touchpoints.
What you'll do
- Partner with Brand Marketing leaders to help lead the seasonal omni-channel marketing strategy; play a role in seasonal hind-sighting and gather ongoing competitive insights, customer data, and zeitgeist trends to inform strategies and stay relevant
- Help develop and present thoughtful marketing briefs to both creative teams and marketing channel owners that communicate clear objectives, insights, inspiration, and messaging
- Be the strategy lead for marketing campaigns end to end from creative concept to asset planning to execution ensuring brand initiatives are brought to life in a way that meets brand and business objectives as well as customer needs
- Assist in the development of all seasonal brand and product messaging opportunities bringing to life Athleta’s brand values in an inspiring way and differentiating Athleta’s beautiful, technical, sustainable product offerings
- Work cross-functionally with all facets of the organization from merchandising to design to creative to editorial to marketing channel owners to put together thoughtful go-to-market plans that deliver on business priorities
- Lead special projects part of Athleta’s strategic growth initiatives serving as the brand strategy expert
- Be a key contributor in helping to optimize tools, templates, and processes within the marketing organization
Who you are
- 5+ years marketing and/or brand strategy experience (at a consumer brand or marketing agency in the retail/apparel/sports industry a plus) running marketing campaigns end to end on both owned and paid channels
- Passionate about storytelling, content creation and connecting with customers in impactful, clear, meaningful ways
- Have a love for product marketing and are excited by technical details and helping to educate consumers on the amazing details of Athleta product
- You are a natural born leader. You are proactive, think ahead, and come prepared
- A strong cross-functional partner known for being a team player – easy to work with, positive, motivating, and incredibly collaborative
- Creative, big-thinker with the ability to translate ideas into digestible, strategic plans
- Has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, comfortable adapting to the changing needs of the business and dealing with new situations and ambiguity
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs