About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Merchandise Assistant will support the Merchant in executing merchandise strategies for the Athleta Franchise business, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs. Accountable for delivering accuracy in all systems related to supporting the execution of Franchise Market to achieve financial goals, and participating to support Franchise needs in brand milestone meetings. Support team in include managing franchise exclusives, creating assortment strategies, developing lineplans, and analyzing the business for product recaps, seasonal midsights, and seasonal hindsights.
Position will be based in SF HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with Athleta Global Merchandising, Franchise Planning, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing.
What you'll do
- Support execution of seasonal Franchise Market inclusive of sample management execution and partnering with cross functional teams (Planning, Marketing, Visual) to develop and execute all necessary tools.
- Ensure franchise merchandising systems are properly maintained and all changes are made in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Global Merchandising, Planing, Production, Brand Planning, Franchise Partners as necessary)
- Support Merchant in analyzing the business for seasonal midsight and hindsight reporting to inform future line development and merchandising strategies; review weekly selling reports and utilize knowledge to make informed product takeaways on market trend in bi-weekly trade meetings
- Build out all systems to reflect strong, commercially viable Franchise seasonal assortments inclusive of international exclusive styles
- Participate in Market Week to present and sell assortments to franchise partners while influencing franchisees to buy most appropriate seasonal assortment in order to achieve targeted financial goals and ensure strong representation of the Brand direction.
Who you are
- High level of attention to detail and hold self accountable for quality of work to focus on the impact to business
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and processes
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
- Strong ability to think critically, identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills with ability to share feedback and manage expectations
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with an aptitude for learning new programs
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs