About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision-making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. The Decision Support team within “Data and Analytics” drives value and innovation through the application and delivery of analytics within our brands and functional areas.
Reporting to the Director of Decision Support, you are working hand-in-hand with the brand’s Finance team, you will leverage customer data and insights to forecast short and long-term sales, as well as set customer targets that ladder up to the sales goals/projections (e.g. monthly/yearly purchase frequency, transaction value etc). The role includes leading the hindsighting of customer-based wins/misses against goals and historicals, and, working across teams (including Marketing and Strategy). You will be responsible for identifying areas or specific customer behaviors that can be amplified/addressed in the future.
The successful candidate is an expert at working cross-functionally, financial modeling as well as accessing and manipulating complex and large-scale data via SQL; they have a strong analytical mindset and a passion for understanding Customers’ behavior in support of Financial and Marketing decisions.
Key areas of focus include evolving customer-based forecasting within Gap Inc brands, supporting short and long-term financial modeling and highlighting actionable marketing opportunities.
What you'll do
- Evolve, optimize and maintain processes and excel models that blend financial and customer KPis to forecast sales
- Collaborate with Brand teams to provide actionable data and insights and with Data Science teams to improve the projections
- Query and manipulate customer data via SQL, to create and refine assumptions for the sales forecasts and the projections on customer behavior
- Create customer goals and hindsight customer behavior against goals and historicals, ultimately highlighting marketing and sales growth opportunities
- Lead customer deep dives aimed at supporting the creation/evolution of promotional planning and marketing strategy
- Collaborate with Decision Support team members to support brand business decisions in a variety of contexts, including Marketing, Strategy and Finance
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in business analytics, company planning / finance role, management consulting or investment banking role, where analytics is a central area of focus
- Proficient in using SQL; other languages, such as R, Python or SAS, a plus
- An expert in creating advanced financial Excel data models
- Analytically minded with strong business acumen and excited for a role that requires you to combine the two
- A natural at drawing insights, making recommendations that drive business actions and at nurturing business relations
- A talented storyteller with superior presentation skills (written, visual and verbal)
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics or other quantitative, technical, or social science field preferred.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs