About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This position will successfully lead the strategic development and execution of AP Technology in collaboration with Gap Tech/IT Business Partners. As the leader in this space, you will be responsible to operationalize these solutions by building partnerships across the org to understand common goals/issues. It is through those partnership you will be able provide solutions that address various problems; all while ensuring our operating standards are aligned with industry capability/best practices and Gap Inc. long term vision. This role is critical to the success of our AP Roadmap and its connectivity to our enterprise platforms. This role is intended to be a thought partner to our Field Operations Leaders and our Technology Vendors. You will be responsible for ensuring proper funds are allocated to execute the AP LRP and that our programs are in compliance with infosec requirements. You will lead these enterprise solutions through implementation as well as provide insight on program effectiveness. As the Technology Leader, you will be responsible for supporting all brands and functions including Corporate Security, BCP, Investigations, Field and Operations across the enterprise. The intent of this position is to highlight the value proposition of AP technology across the various functional areas. You will actively participate and provide leadership on company committees, in industry events and conferences as required. It will be crutial to maintain a deep understanding of existing, new and emerging industry technology, programs and trends.
What you'll do
- Identify opportunities that are in line with AP objectives, goals and strategies while providing capability that supports and improves operational processes for multiple departments, teams and business units.
- Successfully develop and manage the implementation of enterprise technology solutions in collaboration with Gap Tech; that evolve and enable our protection portfolio and long term strategy.
- Superior Project and People Management skills with the ability to stay organized, manage multiple priorities and execute to project deliverables within budget, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to manage suppliers and vendor teams, with strong negotiation skills.
- Must have a proven track record as a successful leader and be self motivated with the ability to work with only moderate supervision.
- Excellent business and financial acumen will enable this person to identify savings opportunities post implementation.
- Participate in various committees associated with Retail Industry Leaders Association and National Retail Federation
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of Operations experience with a focus on technology solutions and project management
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influential and Articulate
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs