Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This Senior Analyst position will support the Field Finance team and manage OSE (Other Store Expense) and Upper Field expenses for Gap North America stores. This includes annual budget, forecast and close responsibilities as well as providing analytical support for various ad hoc initiatives. We are looking for a Senior Analyst that is detail-oriented, a self-starter, has excellent communication skills and strong Excel skills. This position will work closely with primary business partners such as Finance leadership, Brand Expense Owners, and Global Finance team. This role reports into the Senior Manager of Field Finance.
What you'll do
- Effectively manage store and upper field expenses for the North America fleet and own development and communication of monthly financial forecasts/close that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for management. Investigate and explain variances to prior forecast, budget and prior year.
- Develop the annual budget and monthly forecast to ensure they meet all FP&A requirements, are aligned with Gap strategies, and incorporate input from key business partners.
- Support the execution of the monthly close, ensuring proper accounting for the line items owned, in accordance with Gap Inc. policies, producing timely and high-quality deliverables as required.
- Identify key drivers of risk and opportunity and proactively investigate and develop recommendations to mitigate risk or capture opportunities.
- Proactively explore and implement ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of existing processes.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and provide decision support as requested.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial or business analysis; Retail experience a plus
- Solid grasp of finance and accounting concepts. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership to build strong working relationships and influence partners across organizations
- Excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently. Team player with a positive attitude.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with Oracle Financial System and Essbase a plus
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs