About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This position is responsible for leading and managing capital improvement projects in Gap Inc.’s Headquarters Facilities throughout North America. In service to stakeholders and business partners, the Director acts as the primary point of contact for all aspects of construction. Leads with exceptional customer service, while delivering the highest quality construction, at the lowest possible cost. Ensures projects are constructed in accordance and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. Recommends and maintains a network of highly effective and competitive general contractors, architectural and mechanical service providers to meet our ever-changing business needs. Responsible for effectively managing and deploying all resources for projects, to ensure maximum productivity is achieved. This role is responsible for being fully integrated with the design and planning teams to ensure program requirements are documented, options are developed, and the best solutions are executed.
What you'll do
- Primary liaison for stakeholder support and oversees implementation of all construction needs including contract negotiation, project bidding and vendor award processes. Ensures bidding processes are viewed as fair, ethical and without bias.
- Supports business partners in creation of annual and long-range plans and budgets. Provides feedback and insight for use in the development of construction cost estimating types and models. Supports preparation of annual construction budgets, key project initiatives, strategic roll-outs and project specific costs for project needs.
- Responsible for tracking and measuring against annual construction budgets, at individual project, portfolio, and project initiative levels. Identifies and tracks cost drivers affecting bid and final cost variances from budget.
- Manages project delivery process, ensuring sites are turned over to Facilities Operations in a quality and timely manner and manages expectations with key stakeholders.
- Maintains effective, collaborative relationships, with network of competent service orientated vendors. Manage vendor relationships, providing regular formal and informal performance feedback.
- Interacts internally/externally with Senior Leadership, may require negotiation of difficult matters (vendor claims / dispute resolution, budget variance meetings, etc.) and progress updates against plan/budget.
- Recommends short- and long-term strategies to achieve business objectives and company goals, ensuring congruence with overall department.
- Responsible for developing and actively managing HQ Facilities’ communication strategy, including vision, mission and values statements, annual business strategies, goals and objectives.
Who you are
- Proven ability to lead and develop people
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize with attention to detail
- Strong quantitative analysis, critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Ability to manage diverse company initiatives and complex business issues
- Proven ability to be resourceful in rapid changing environment
- 10-12 years construction/construction management experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs