About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Associate Technical Designer role is an entry level pre-manufacturing function, responsible for facilitating a limited group of apparel styles from design concept and first prototype to a final, production ready prototype. Position supports multiple team members and requires a high level of supervision.
What you'll do
- Support department, as led by supervisor, while learning key product area.
- Gain clear direction and consensus of design aesthetic, fit intent and construction, while maintaining corporate standards.
- Observe, learn and emulate how to effectively communicate design’s fit intent.
- Prepare samples for fittings, participate in fit sessions, and take notes.
- Evaluate garment to ensure global compliance of spec and construction.
- Learn to identify and communicate basic quality and costing issues.
- Learn to Identify and communicate fit and balance issues.
- Work with supervisor to meet seasonal deadlines.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Demonstrate accountability for work commitments.
- Foster open communication and team environment with all business partners
Who you are
- Formal education in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
- 0-5 years’ experience in the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with working knowledge of total production timeline.
- Working knowledge of pattern making, construction and fit.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and problem solving skills with ability to multi task.
- Preferred computer skills – PLM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Pattern making software (including, Geber, Lectra, Optitex) Microsoft Office Suite.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs