About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Vice President, Card & Loyalty – Gap Inc. leads a team that drives value by cultivating lifelong relationships with our credit card and loyalty Rewards members across our portfolio of brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic and Athleta) for our strategically important credit card. This position reports to the Head of Loyalty & Payments – Gap Inc. (SVP) and works in partnership with business and marketing leaders in each of the brands to develop and execute against card and loyalty strategies and initiatives, personalized omnichannel reward models, data-driven loyalty frameworks, and creating a connected, seamless Rewards member journey.
This individual will lead our cross-brand Card & Loyalty teams to be customer-obsessed, innovative, driven and results-oriented. Establishes and communicates a vision and ensures that strategies and initiatives align with long-term corporate strategies to drive sustainable and profitable long-term sales growth. The leader in this role will have experience across a broad range of retail and financial products, retail/omnichannel operations, mobile and eCommerce, and a track record that represents smart risk-taking in investment strategies. Embodies and models a collaborative way of working across multiple brands and functions. This leader is a role model and a mentor in the functional area as well as across the business within a purpose-driven enterprise.
The Gap Inc. Card & Loyalty team is responsible for driving and integrating strategies to acquire new and engageetain existing card and loyalty members into our cross-brand Rewards program. They partner with central, brand and external business partners to develop and execute acquisition and retention loyalty initiatives and evergreen/seasonal offers and experiences that must be fully integrated into each brand’s commercial, financial and marketing plans. While this position reports in centrally to leverage the scale and synergy of the portfolio and platform, this leader and their team will partner with each of the four brands to provide a seamless connection to existing and prospective member customers. As a key member of the Loyalty & Payments leadership team, this leader will partner with and leverage the Loyalty & Payments Platform Engine team, so each brand can realize the benefits of centralized support for strategy & business development, finance, marketing operations, marketing effectiveness, test & learn, CX/UX, data/analytics, store/digital operations, vendor management (e.g., bank issuer, network, points provider), gift card and alternative payments. The ideal candidate for this team must have strong leadership, communication, collaboration, and influencing skills, as well as the ability to drive strategic initiatives across multiple cross-functional teams. This candidate must also possess both loyalty marketing expertise and financial business acumen.
This role leads the Loyalty and Payments teams focused on our cross-brand integrated loyalty offering, overseeing card and loyalty awareness, acquisition, engagement, retention & lifecycle marketing. This position will be responsible for driving both in-brand and out-of-brand (world) credit card sales, partnering closely with brand leadership (CMOs, CFOS, CRM and channel leaders (store and ecomm). This role will also partner with the broader Customer, Digital and Tech team to drive strategy to execution of key initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
What you'll do
- One Program. Four Brands. Drive strategy and execution of the newly integrated cross-brand loyalty Rewards program (credit card + multi-tender loyalty) that drives penetration, frequency and spend/CLV
- Drive card & loyalty performance with brands to ensure both L&P and brand customer KPIs and P&L targets are achieved
- Collaborate closely with brands and cross-functional business partners to develop and implement an integrated annual acquisition & retention loyalty strategies which is supported by a detailed commercial and marketing plan. Commercial plan activities will be comprised of stated value prop benefits, seasonal offers/events/experiences and targeted customer efforts.
- Assess strategic opportunities to evolve and expand programmatic and brand loyalty benefits overtime - to drive increased customer love and CLV; includes ongoing competitor assessments, guiding customer research and benchmarking, identifying potential partnerships to bring increased value to the Rewards members
- Partner with brand CMOs, CFOS, CRM and channel leaders (store and ecomm) on a framework for how discount and “value” should be deployed across brand-customer files
- Define annual card & loyalty customer and marketing expense targets and manage monthly forecast updates which take trend and future into consideration
- Lead and inspire a high performing team to be customer-focused, innovative, creative fast-moving and results-oriented
- Champion change and challenge the status quo to ensure the business is evolving with the needs of our customers and the brands
Who you are
- A seasoned leader with a mix of marketing expertise and strong business acumen; 15+ years of CRM or private label/co-brand card and loyalty marketing experience; is customer-centric with a successful track record of developing and implementing customer and marketing strategies
- Great people manager through proven cross-functional leadership with the ability to lead, manage and gain alignment across a complex, matrixed organization
- Has a positive attitude and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; brings structure to ambiguous situations
- Results-oriented with the ability to bring cross-functional partners together and quickly shift plans as necessary to achieve goals
- Strong communication skills are written, oral and formal presentation; ability to actively participate and influence executive-level discussions and decision making
- Strong analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills. Highly comfortable with leveraging data to drive decisions and tell a story
- Experience in the retail or apparel, with digital experience and preferably with omni-channel Loyalty
- Strong communication and partnering skills – experience communicating Loyalty strategies and tradeoffs to diverse audiences, including the executive level
- Excellent analytical and commercial experience – a track record of driving business value and P&L results by understanding business impacts and making data-driven decisions
- Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to develop talent and build a high performance and high potential team
- Inspirational, purpose-driven leader
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.