About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc’s Corporate Development (“corp dev”) team is part of the Strategic Growth Office, which is at the forefront of driving our next chapter of growth. The corp dev team will drive our growth via the identification of target companies and capabilities, industry trends, establishing partnership structures, as well as identifying, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions/investments.
As Senior Manager of Corporate Development, you will be responsible for driving inorganic and organic initiatives to advance our growth; this might include mergers, acquisitions, investments, partnerships and other strategic transactions. You will work across all aspects of the deal process including qualitative and quantitative analysis to support targeting, financial modeling, due diligence, negotiations, transition and post-merger integration. You will work closely with the SGO and key external stakeholders to bring deals to fruition. The Sr. Manager of Corporate Development will report to the Head of Corporate Development.
What you'll do
- Support Gap Inc’s Corporate Development team and key partners across all aspects of the deal including deal identification, assessment, and execution
- Support Transition Service Agreements including initial drafting, exit planning, and ongoing management
- Build and cultivate strong relationships across Gap Inc. to identify opportunities that accelerate our strategic plan and align to key business objectives
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis for target identification, business case modeling, due diligence, negotiations, close, and integration; formulate findings into executive ready deliverables
- Interface with VCs, startups, banks, and other industry stakeholders as needed
- Partner with leaders before, during and after the each deal to confirm strategic objectives are being met and all stakeholders are clear on necessary actions required to achieve value defined in business case; oversee presentations to communicate necessary actions and timelines to leadership
Who you are
- 7+ years of transaction experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Consulting, Big 4 M&A or Transaction Advisory
- First level university degree in Business, Finance or other. MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Experiences across all facets of the deal pipeline including target identification, analysis, due diligence, negotiation, close, and integration/separation activities
- Understanding of Transition Service Agreements and experience supporting post close integration activities
- Track record of structured thinking with outstanding analytical capabilities (quantitative and qualitative) for various activities including market research, competitive analysis, and valuation
- Comfort in navigating ambiguity; reaching out and prioritizing work in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated track record as both a player and coach, a critical thinker, and a problem solver with ability to handle multiple projects/workstreams concurrently
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the capability of engaging others at all levels of the organization
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs