For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
What you'll do
- Support the inclusive size team in setting the foundations, grades, fit consistency and pipeline deliverables associated with Inclusive sizeing. This to include 1x-3x, as well as Petite and Tall.
- Support the teams in the inclusive fit process to ensure consistency across categories
- Support the creation and maintainence of fit blocks and standards, ensuring overall fit consistency
- Leverage technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique and may require a novel approach
- Identify potential production and quality concerns and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent
- Understand the competitive landscape, in product, technology and machinery
- Deliver high quality product in fit, styling, detail, and functionality that enables Athleta to achieve it’s financial goals.
- Support fit testing in Wear Tests, Size Set tests, as well as Ambassador fit testing.
- Manage and track competing seasonal deliverables
Who you are
Skills and Requirements:
- BA, AA or Certification in Patternmaking, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in Patternmaking and Grading, fabric knowledge, garment construction, and manufacturing processes
- Willing and able to travel as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of physical fit, evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge
- Consumer advocate who understands Athleta customer base
- Ability to utilize 2D patternmaking software, Optitex preferred
- 3D style creation a plus
- Ability to sew and construct garments a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in working with extended sizes 1x-3x, Petite and Tall
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs