For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Manager of Display & Social plays a key role on Athleta’s digital and social media marketing teams, with a concentrated effort in our Canada launch and implementation, and is responsible for seamlessly coordinating and executing tasks across all tactics within the display and paid social channels. This person will assist the Sr. Manager and the rest of the digital team in delivering strategic, targeted & innovative messaging to a strongly engaged current customer base, as well as driving new customer acquisition and awareness. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing.
Athleta is a fast growing brand with continued focus on increasing awareness, driving new & existing customer purchases and engagement with the Athleta community. Based at our San Francisco headquarters, this job sits within the Athleta digital marketing team and will work cross-functionally with teams including, but not limited to, brand marketing, creative & editorial, product management, analytics, web merchandising, and our media agencies. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, proactive & organized, a willingness to work within a highly matrixed organization, and possess a passion and curiosity for digital marketing, innovation & driving a fast growing business.
What You’ll Do
What you'll do
- Ownership of our programmatic display program that is meant to drive both acquisition of new customers and remarket to existing customers across US + CA including oversight of creative and performance roadmaps.
- Assist in management of our social program that is meant to drive awareness, acquisition of new customers and remarketing to existing customer across US + CA including necessary reporting and creative needs.
- Manage our Specialty programs including but not limited to Loyalty + App across channels.
- Partner with Loyalty team to manage campaign strategy for key moments.
- Partner with Brand + creative partners to support creative briefing and trafficking.
- Partner with media agency(s) and vendors to understand our best opportunities for driving efficient campaigns and growth.
- Manage and oversee reporting, identifying areas of opportunity and communicating key wins.
- Responsible for assisting with budgeting, including monthly and quarterly forecast and close and ensuring programs are pacing correctly for each assigned brand
Who you are
- 4+ years direct response digital marketing, preferably at a multi-brand organization, agency, or vendor. Retail experience preferred but not required.
- Experience managing paid marketing campaigns and working with top platforms like Google Ads or Facebook.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with Excel & PowerPoint as well as reporting tools including Omniture
- Strong negotiation and communication skills with a talent for persuading business partners and publishers
- Strong collaboration skills, working effectively with cross-functional teams including agencies, creative, production, digital marketing, legal, and finance.
- Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving.
- Willingness to work in a fun, fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere within the stable environment of the largest specialty apparel retailer in the United States.
- Retail and fashion industry experience preferred but not essential
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs