About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are seeking a Finance Support Lead for Gap Inc.’s enterprise-wide Store Operating Model Optimization (SOMO) Program. SOMO is a mutli-year effort to better serve our customers while unlocking productivity and financial benefit in our stores by reimagining our work. In this role, you’ll collaborate with business partners in our brands and at the corporate center to quantify the impacts of potential new processes and ways of working, build business cases to secure required investment and coordinate embedding and tracking these benefits across our brand financials. You will be a key member of the SOMO Program Leadership Team and the primary SOMO liason with brand finance teams and Corporate FP&A. This role is critical to the success of one of Gap Inc.’s largest multi-year initiatives and we’re looking for an individual with the financial acumen, strategic orientation and overall enthusiasm to drive its success. We expect the role will also provide finance support for other Operations-led projects that will arise over time.
What you'll do
- Develop financial modeling quantifying impacts of new processes and ways of working, including multi-variable trade-offs across the end to end value chain; develop initiative business cases as required to secure required investments
- Manage & Reconcile Programatic SOMO Tops-Down financial targets with bottoms-up by-initiative details
- Coordinate by-brand inclusion of aligned SOMO impacts in key finance processes across the enterprise (LRP, Budget, Forecast)
- Partner with brand finance teams to consistently report actualzing savings from SOMO initiatives; develop and produce regular consolidated SOMO financial impacts for Leadership
Who you are
- Capable of effectively influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Ability & desire to “get in the details” of how a proposed process change would impact our business, our customer and our financials
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Willing and able to travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of finance experience (store operations, logistics or other operations-support roles preferred)
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs