About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Site Merchandiser will drive seasonal strategies that meet or exceed site experience goals through in-season content management and site analysis. This role will partner closely with the Sr. Site Merchandiser, Cross functional teams, and Merchandise Coordinators to execute in-season strategies, manage product and category pages, and provide the customer with a conversion driving product experience. This position reports into Sr. Site Merchant, GFOL and manages two Merchandise Coordinators.
What you'll do
What you'll do
- Strategize and execute site experience that meets customer demands. Use data insights, customer engagement KPIs and Brand product direction to manage a commerce driving sort & site experience
- Understand pre-season product and marketing strategy and align the brand vision to site experience.
- Drive continual improvement of our site analytics to assess KPIs to inform pre-season & in-season site strategies.
- Continually analyze, execute, and provide improvements to the customer experience as it relates to category and product page content.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories and styles while navigating the experience through the lens of the customer.
- Analyze trends and historical data at category level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks and make relevant site updates.
- Stay abreast of competitive e-commerce environment: proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive websites and make recommendations based on learnings.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams.
- Partner with key cross functional partners to test, implement and operationalize site technologies and capabilities. Act as a SME for 1+ site technologies
- Manage two Merchandise Coordinators and advocate for their development
Who you are
- 5+ years of merchandising or digital/ecommerce experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Use data to assess the business and drive decisions
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Possess customer-centric mindset
- Strong process orientation and ability to understand system dependencies is a must
- Self-starter and highly motivated, capable of balancing multiple priorities working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Adaptable to diverse audiences, environments, and situations
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs