About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Insights Business Engagement Team drives operating efficiencies by providing proactive post-implementation support to users of data and reporting tools. The focus of this role will be to support a variety of internal teams who receive and leverage business performance, customer insights and market data through a suite of already configured Power BI dashboard reports. The successful candidate will work closely with Product Management and upstream data owners to improve the user experience for report recipients.
This role is 100% dedicated to support, and the successful candidate will assist a broad range of users in understanding the nature of the data, data flows and reporting tools. This role works directly with users to assess issues they encounter to determine how best to resolve them, and acts as an advocate for users when partnering with Product Managers and Technical Product Teams. This role includes regular user communication and is instrumental in identifying continuous improvement opportunities, partnering with our Product Management organization to assist in driving select CI efforts.
What you'll do
- 50% - Performs analysis and trouble-shooting of incident tickets opened by users and determines next steps required to drive resolution. Leverages subject matter expertise to answer questions about data accuracy and quality; data lineage and flows; and whether the correct tool is being used to answer a specific business question.
- 50% - Ensures proactive user communication on status and progress of issue resolution, working with Product Management and Technical Product Teams to communicate to a wide range of users.
- Partners with the Business and Product Management teams to identify opportunities in current systems and processes and provides a direct feedback loop to inform continuous improvement to maximize returns on application development efforts.
- Helps to build training materials for users of all levels of expertise and to facilitate training forums across user base, onboarding new users to the platforms and supporting their needs.
- After new feature/functionality is released to users, supports adoption by building user proficiency; helps to assist users to integrate new functionality into their daily work.
Who you are
- Successful track record in a support or user advocacy role – or equivalent customer support experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required – proven ability to translate highly technical information into concise terms that users at all levels of the organization can easily understand.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills with strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- BA/BS in a related field (finance, economics, business, mathematics, communications, operations, reporting or information systems) and 2+ years’ experience supporting technology products, data visualizations, or business intelligence with a successful history of direct support of users.
- Experience with user provisioning/access and with usage of BI/analytics platforms (Power BI, Tableau, or similar enterprise BI software).
- Experience and understanding of areas where BI serves (appareletail organizations is a plus).
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs