About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Inventory Analyst provides support in creating, managing, and executing sales and inventory plans from investment through allocation at the product/category/item level. The Inventory Analyst is responsible for providing to the IM teams relevant data and analysis throughout the IM lifecycle.
• Assist in the development of department/class level allocation strategies
• Execute strategies for size and pack, size profiles, size scales, size balancing and inventory balancing
• Support in-season management of department/class level plans including ongoing assessments and updates
• Track and execute all new flow releases
• Ensure receipt accuracy to support in-season allocation strategies by managing and tracking receipts from creation through initial allocation.
• Execute receipt reconciliation monthly to support life cycle of receipts for accuracy of inbound inventory.
• Execute in-season pricing strategies within BAM along with store level exceptions and new store allocations
• Forecast inbound/outbound inventory to drive in-stock and to manage DC/store payroll
Who you are
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 2-3 years work experience, preferred
• Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
• Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
• Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
• Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
• Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
• Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs