For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Growth Businesses unit within Athleta is a critical part of driving our brand forward and is focused on growing the business through new channels, new markets, and new categories. Reporting into the Sr. Planner, the Buyer on our team, will drive the success of one or more categories by creating and meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals. You will be accountable for omni performance from pre to in-season; maintaining and driving optimal inventory by channel. You are laser focused when driving business discussions and adjusting strategies to maximize results. You are passonate about the Canadian customer and our local competition. You are comfortable in an ambiguous setting and thrive in problem solving. You are also a team player helping create a collaborative, innovative and results-driven environment.
- Develop tops/down department/class sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives and own bottoms-up financial reconciliation of class to department
- Develop style-level sales and inventory plans
- Inform and validate commercial plan to influence in-season changes. Recommend and execute in-season pricing strategies.
- Own the competitive reseach in Canada for your categories. Be the voice of the customer.
- Own weekly/monthly/quarterly business recaps to inform short- and long-term financial strategies and action plans
- Lead demand driven buying efforts
- Own OTB and sales/inventory forecasting, including assessing total risks and creating resolutions
- Build strong cross market/brand and functional relationships to influence others and drive results, leveraging US Athleta insights and sister brand insights for Canada
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferably in Inventory Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and aptitude to learn technical applications quickly; proficiency in retail math
- Known to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, able to handle many projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing workload
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills, able to present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results, and to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs