About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., our purpose is to be Inclusive, By Design. Our updated vision is to grow purpose-led, billion-dollar brands that shape peoples’ way of life. An important part of Gap Inc.’s Power Plan 2023 strategy and Next 50 plan is to transform how we operate in service to our customers. At the core of this plan is an accelerated digital transformation, to enhance growth, customer-centricity, speed, efficiency and resilience.
To that end, we have established a Digital Transformation Office (DTO) that will drive the design, implementation and achievement of large-scale strategic initiatives. These initiatives transformation the organization and its core capabilities to improve growth and profitability. The DTO provides rigor, structure, expertise and activation to design and deliver these initiatives individually and collectively. The DTO is responsible for partnering with leaders to drive the digital transformation strategy, performing transformation program management, change management and process engineering. The DTO also provides program management and process design support to several transformation pillars that are embedded in our brands and functions.
The Planner, Inventory Transformation, plays a critical role in delivering sustainable results in the Inventory Operating Model transformation pillar. This role partners with leadership to envision, define, develop, implement and support transformation change. For the Planner, this includes core program and process management capabilities: documenting existing processes, redesigning and reengineering processes, designing organizational responsibilities (RACI), and managing program performance. On the analytical side, this includes: conducting inventory analytics with tools such as R, XLSTAT, PowerBI etc., presenting analytical findings, and recommending next steps. This role is also responsible for engaging with key mid-level stakeholders, developing and presenting findings, gaining buy-in, and working through issues and risks.
The successful individual in this role has experience in consulting and/or retail operations (merchandising, inventory), and is adept at analytics, presentation building, collaboration and process design. This individual deals well with ambiguity, applies an analytical mindset, and drives for results in a collaborative way.
- Partners with inventory transformation leadership to envision, define, develop, implement and support transformation change.
- Documents operating model components and reengineers processes based on business partner inputs.
- Performs analyses on inventory data sets to garner insights and apply inventory effectiveness methodologies.
- Develops and presents presentations on business insights and analyses to highlight opportunities and gain buy-in.
- Proactively builds business partner relationships.
- Develops roadmaps that articulate how capabilities connect and transform over time to help organization understand requirements and interdependencies.
Who you are
- 1-3 years of professional experience; experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar strategic role preferred. Operational role in merchandising or inventory management preferred.
- Analytically and/or process-minded, with an aptitude for learning quickly and applying lessons quickly.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with business partners at various levels perform analyses, design processes and generate buy-in for change.
- Strong communicator who can clearly synthesize analytical results, processes, and business implications for business partners at various levels.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.