About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc’s Strategic Growth Office Program Management team (“growth office”) is part of Gap Inc’s Strategic Growth Office, which is at the forefront of driving our next chapter of growth. The growth office is comprised of Strategy, Corporate Development, Program Management, Sustainability, Government Affairs and New Business Operations who collectively draw upon the expertise of Gap Inc. and engage the Gap Inc. leadership to deliver on the growth strategy. The Program Management team will work across key stakeholders to ensure all metrics have been aligned on and are being tracked along with business cases and key stage gates of growth initiatives. The team is responsible for establishing and managing an overall governance process that is responsible for capital allocation, allocation of resources and defining a path to achieve success for our shareholders.
As a Manager of PMO, you will provide enterprise-wide program management support across various growth office initiatives. Your work will ensure the consistent application of program management best practices to create clear visibility for our leadership team on progress, roadblocks, and risks. The Manager supports the synthesis of program management deliverables, interdependencies, and risks across the entire growth office. Your work will ensure the Strategic Growth Office is on track to deliver profitable growth for the enterprise, increase predictability in the business model, and that we are strategically diversified across our brands.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all levels of the organization to understand status, document/address risks and issues, and communicate to SGO leadership
- Align templates and processes that enable team to track metrics, align program timelines and stage gates to business case, and support presentation development for executive leaders, as needed
- Support preparation process for stage gate reviews on each idea; drive alignment and create executive ready content
- Work with team members to align projects to enterprise growth metrics and communicate progress against plan to stakeholders
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning, surface issues and risks working with team to escalate for resolution
- Build relationships and understand different stakeholder perspectives, goals and resources to build a cross-functional view
- Work in a fast paced environment at the forefront of driving growth
Who you are
- 4-8 years of consulting, strategy, and/or program management experience
- First level university degree in business or related field
- Experiences in establishing a governance process and tracking multiple projects from ideation to execution
- Ability to synthesize information into standardized templates for executive consumption
- Experience in a program management role, especially across program workstreams in a complex program
- Creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the capability of engaging others at all levels of the organization
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs