About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
What you'll do
- Python/SQL programming to create, update and measure analytical capabilities that support the movement of inventory for Gap Inc.
- Use of methods from Operations Research, Machine Learning, and Statistics on a day-to-day basis
- Areas of focus include forecasting product demand, store clustering, price optimization, assortment optimization, inventory optimization
- Data Analysis: Compile and analyze data from different sources to check completeness and filtering criteria as needed for data science initiatives
- Data Cleansing: Develop/Edit SQL and Python scripts to pull and clean datasets
Who you are
- 3+ years related professional experience
- Proven achievements resulting from data analysis
- Degree in operations research, industrial engineering, computer science, applied math, physics, economics, or other quantitative science preferred
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. SQL/Hive), and statistical analysis (e.g. SAS/R/Matlab/python
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments.
- Ability to leverage experience to scale and validate models
- Experience working with business partners to validate the output of analytical models
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs