About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As a Senior Product Manager focused on personalization and identity resolution, you will work with a team to enable our brands to deliver highly relevant experiences and offers tailored to an individual person and their context. You will define the target state for our existing customer marketing databases and work closely with key stakeholders to build and drive the adoption of the solution. Today’s customers might use different identifiers to research something on one device, call on another, and then buy something in our stores. Gap Inc. brands work to create a cross-channel experience that recognizes our customer needs and makes it easier to purchase and outfit themselves and their families.
The role requires a strong product mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager that is passionate about our customer’s journey while striving to solve for the complexities of system integrations and operational impacts.
What you'll do
- Lead the initiative to modernize our customer marketing data and how it’s used by different stakeholders to enable real-time personalization across all Gap brands with a focus on identity resolution.
- Identify opportunities, analyze business benefits, evaluate ROI and prioritize work to bring the vision of a cross-channel people-based targeting strategy to life that can incorporate context from all channels and customer engagement to provide the most relevant customer experience and marketing.
- Drive the selection and implementation of a market-leading identity resolution platform for all Gap Inc. brands.
- Evaluate and build roadmaps for improving and augmenting the existing first-party data with second or third- party people-based data to improve measurement and personalization.
- Champion customer privacy through leading practices in transparency and controls
- Manage a living backlog of user stories and other requirements guiding development and process change. Summarize the backlog of work into meaningful roadmaps that are socialized with stakeholders such that all parties know the work underway as well as the larger plan over time.
- Contribute and collaborate in building a long-range plan to achieve business goals.
- Partner with end-users of the platform to drive adoption and bring use cases to life.
Who you are
- Experience with the evolution of identity stitching and resolution patterns and commercial solutions that integrate consumer identifiers across online and offline channels and devices in a way that is accurate, scalable and privacy compliant to create a persistent and addressable individual profile.
- Strong product management experience in marketing technology & personalization space
- Knowledge of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Experience building and/or using martech & personalization tools (Customer Data Platform, Campaign management, A/B testing platforms)
- Demonstratable expertise around data onboarding: matching individual identifiers to stitch together the customer profile from interactions across touchpoints, hashing or tokenizing personally identifiable information (PII), linking and validating accuracy of matches to a pre-established “truth set”
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements in large matrix environments
- Experience with a leading identity resolution solution such as Amperity, Acxiom, Experian, LiveRamp, Merkle, Neustar, Redpoint Global, or Valassis
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization; Ability to influence stakeholders and decision-makers to achieve the desired outcome
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs