About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As the Strategic Sourcing Director of Transformation, Growth and Professional Services you will manage sourcing projects and suppliers related to Professional services, along with sourcing activities related to Gap Inc’s growth strategies. This role has a large focus of driving forward & supporting Gap Inc’s transformational goals.
The Director will engage and establish strategic partnerships with leadership in varied functions to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategy. The Director should lead and inspire by focusing on the development, implementation and execution of sourcing strategies across a portfolio of categories, to enable a competitive advantage and value creation for Gap Inc.
What you'll do
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies: strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short- and long-range plans. Have deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across varied functions (Transformation, Strategy, Corporate Development, Finance, Legal, and Environmental, Social and Government Affairs) and partner with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Define category performance targets: achieve value goals, along with value beyond cost; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills: balance speed, different priorities and urgency while proactively considering new alternatives and driving critical thinking to optimize results
- Act as a change agent: to drive GAP Inc. wide process and broader organization in the development of plans for implementation and change management for projects
Who you are
- Experience: 12+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing, Vendor Management, or Consulting.
- Strategic Orientation: significant experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to drive broad strategic impact across a business. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability: Significant experience driving long-term results through category strategies, levering in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization
- Change Leadership: Experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the organization
- Education: Bachelor's degree business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline. MBA preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs