About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a member of our central User Experience Team at Gap, Inc., you’ll design for innovation at scale, shaping the way customers engage with our portfolio of global brands. Now more than ever, a great digital experience is required to thrive, and our proprietary digital engine – integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties – is core to delivering on our customer-first strategy.
Gap Inc. is looking for a UX Designer to join our dedicated design system team, maintaining, contributing to and helping grow our well-established Design System, “Stitch.” In this role you’ll deliver web, native iOS, and Android atomic elements for product teams across our organization, supporting Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta. The team translates brand style guides and UX-defined components to re-usable assets in the form of Figma libraries, facilitates the creation of components in re-usable code, then documents it for all subscribers on our internal Design System site.
The Stitch team is seated within the rapidly-growing Centralized UX organization, supporting all 4 of our brands. The team is dedicated to E-Commerce, In-Store and Omni-channel experiences which sit on both Web, iOS, and Android platforms. In this role you’ll join the team as a dedicated member of the 5-person Stitch team. You'll be an integral part of the organization, as a key partner to all product teams.
- Contribute to scaling a system of components and patterns that will allow Designers and Developers to focus on product-level problems and ship high-quality work efficiently and consistently.
- Define visual patterns for our digital experiences across all 4 of our brands on our Web, iOS, and Android product platforms.
- Collaborate closely with Designers, Front End Developers, and Product Managers
- Articulate decisions to UX Design, Brand Design, Product Management, and to other stakeholders.
- Guide brand digital teams on best practices and help them realize their vision in a sustainable, scalable way.
- Be an advocate for our design system and atomic design. Help Designers identify new components from their designs and document them.
- Ensure components and styles meet W3C accessibility standards, and educate in this area as needed.
- Participate in design reviews and user testing sessions
- Collaborate with the development team during project ideation, scoping & development
Who you are
- You have a minimum 3-5 years of professional UX Design experience, including creating, building, maintaining, and evangelizing design systems.
- An understanding of atomic and material design with and experience working with variable and CSS class structure
- Collaboration is a way of being for you; you naturally work well with cross-functional team and are a known advocate for design and partnership.
- You live and breathe lean design methodology, design thinking and experimentation, and are able to apply that to the world of internal tools and design operations.
- You enjoy technical design, systems thinking, and service design and visualize design patterns and process flows in your sleep.
- You demonstrate that you deeply care for the craft and have impeccable attention for details while distilling the design components and patterns to compose a system.
- You are looking to grow your career in a supportive organization and champion the user experience in everything you do.
- Familiar with Figma, Jira, and Miro, and other browser-based real-time collaboration and prototyping tools.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs